Wednesday, June 25, 2014

BECOME

The theme I got from this week was to become. Become what? Become the leader, become the entrepreneur, and become the person that will make a difference in the world. How is that possible? There was a question posed to the class that goes like this, "What does 'success is not a solo project mean?'" As I thought about that I started thinking about all the people that have helped me get to this point in my life which I consider successful and blessed in so many ways. I first thought about my parents. Without them I wouldn't have the fundamental standards and principles I rely on every day. I then started thinking about my friend group. My friend Jake, who got me into videography has helped me become who I am today. I look at the small things that others do for me that they may not every recognize. For example, the other day I was contemplating which camera I should buy out of a few select cameras I was looking at. They are all expensive and so my decision was extremely important to me. I spoke with this one kid who took the time to sit down and talk with me about a camera I was looking at. He told me everything I needed to hear. He gave me advice on what I should buy. He opened my eyes at the possibilities I could take advantage of if I were to consider this camera. I knew he wasn't trying to sell it to me because first of all it wasn't going to benefit him in any way whether I bought it or not. Second of all I've seen him work and interact with people and I know I can trust him. I recognize that experience with him for those few minutes in helping me become a better videographer. Why is becoming a videographer so important to me? It is because I want to make it my career. I want to become the best I can be so that I can provide for a relatively large family and still have extra to help other out financially. The more I look into my future, the more I observe my present surroundings, and the more I observe the more I realize how blessed I am to have people around me that help me become and reach my full potential. So to go back to the question presented earlier, what does success is not a solo project mean? I would not be here without the few people I mentioned and more. They are the ones that build me. They are the ones that lift me up. They are the ones that inspire me to be my greatest. They are also the ones that give me challenges to conquer. Success is not a solo project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home