Friday, June 6, 2014

Passion

In class it was said that "passion is what keeps us in the fight." When I heard that, for some reason I wanted to think more about that statement. I thought about what I'm passionate about. A huge passion I possess is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I always look for opportunities to show my faith, change and become someone better, remember my Savior, and in whole: endure to the end. I love to teach the Gospel and when I get the opportunity, I can't help but to bare testimony of the things I've come to know are true. I thought about what else I'm passionate about. Videography is something I love to do and spend my time and thoughts with. I wish to give people hope, inspire the unmotivated, make people aware of certain issues and dilemmas, and in the end I hope to change peoples lives through the power of video.
If I'm not passionate about the Gospel and I face a challenge in life that could make me inactive in my commitment to the commandments, those challenges would win and I would lose. If I'm not passionate about the Gospel, I'lll look for excuses not to go to church. I'll look for opportunities to be offended.
I'f I'm not passionate about videography and someone tells me I'm not good, then I'll be done with it and move on to something I might be better at. If I'm not passionate about video then the next time I accidentally erase all the footage for a video I'm making it will be so easy to give up on that video and maybe even the video world itself.
If I'm passionate about these things then I will keep going and win the fight. If I'm passionate about it then there cannot be anything that will stop me from moving forward. I cannot hesitate to demonstrate my passion for these things, because if I do, then it's as if I never had passion for them in the first place. Passion will be the thing that drives me past those difficult times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home