Friday, May 30, 2014

NetWorking

This past week we focused some of our discussions on net-working. I feel that this has been the theme of my week, so I'll focus on the things I learned about net-working.
It was today, actually that I started realizing that this week was net-work week. As I reflected on the importance and how net-working could benefit me, I realized that I could get to know the most bizarre and awesome people through net-working. I spoke with my cousin a couple months ago and we talked about net-working. He owns his own video production company and was telling me about a  video they were doing. They wanted to get a shot with the camera that went through the top of a crowd. So they used their net-working abilities and got a guy that had a zip-line company. They ended up setting up a zip-line and got the shot they wanted. He advised me to get to know anyone and everyone, not those that are just in my major or friend group. That was wise council that I'll never forget.
We talked a lot about LinkedIn and how it could be a great tool for net-working. I've been more interested in using it and modifying my LinkedIn. I'm excited to see the results I gain through using this tool. I have people I want to connect with and hopefully receive more connections through them. This world is so interesting! I can't believe the technology we have to be able to connect with people from all over the world. It's a huge blessing to have the tools and assets we enjoy today. It truly enables us to reach an individual potential that we probably would have never accomplished otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home