Thursday, May 22, 2014

Born or Made?

This past week we went over the question: what makes an individual successful in the business world, character, skill, or luck?  We discussed the importance of each principle and decided that character is the most important key to be a successful entrepreneur, then skill and finally luck. Character is who we are and what we become. If our character is going to influence us to be successful then it must mean that we are motivated even when we are surrounded by failure, we are optimistic in times of negativity. After character comes the skills that are developed and mastered. SIDE NOTE: I learned that to master something like an instrument it takes three hours every day for ten plus years.
Luck is the last thing that sets into play. Luck includes the assets like networking, timing, and random opportunities that fall into place in your path.
We then went over The Formula that leads to a successful life. If we put these 13 principles into practice, we are guaranteed success. 1. Be proactive. 2. Begin with the end in sight. 3. Time management. 4. Think win-win. 5. Seek to understand before seeking to be understood. 6. Create synergy. 7. Sharpening the saw- constantly develop your talents. 8. Get up early. 9. Work hard. 10. Find oil-a product, idea, service that people need and want. 11. Get your education. 12. Make your mark. 13. Prepare to serve-give back.
I love this formula. Before hearing each one, I was expecting to be disappointed with one of the thirteen. I wasn't disappointed. As I think of the successful people in my life, I can visualize them doing these thirteen things. The formula makes sense and I want to obey this formula. I know that if I strive to accomplish these things then everything else will fall into place. Although I may not be a billionaire, I know I'll be happy and live a successful life with my family and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home