Friday, May 9, 2014

Power of Integrity

This past week was very meaningful to me. I was able to reflect on the principle of integrity. It allowed me to think of the way I live my life and how I would run a business.
In the reading "Making a Living and a Life" there were different grades of businessman in the world which include the following: A grade A business person's primary motivation is his or her love of God and fellowmen and the secondary motivation is his or her income. A grade B business person's primary motivation is money and his or her second motivation is his or her love of fellowmen. A grade C's primary motivation is his or her love of money and secondary motivation include indifference to clients and customers. The other two grades are despicable and hopefully none of us in this class reaches that low. I hope and strive to be a grade A person in life.
The talks and video clips really focused on integrity and what it means to have real integrity. One of the examples of true integrity and pure courage is the example of Joseph F. Smith. As I reflected on Joseph F. Smith's reaction, response, and eternal view on the situation, I am not amazed at how the drunk responded. Anyone who witnesses that scene would say that Joseph F. Smith was a man of true integrity and no one could do anything to take that away from him.
I especially like what Sister Dew said about deciding now to have integrity. As I pondered on that concept of deciding, I realized that there will be times in our lives where subtle temptations to neglect, reject, or even deny something will come across in our lives and we may not even realize unless we decide now to have integrity. I realize that I need to decide now to be truthful and remain worthy so people can respect and trust me. If there is anything I want to be remembered as, it would be that people knew they could trust me and knew that I was a man of integrity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home