Friday, May 16, 2014

I AM...

This past week I was able to reflect a lot about my own career and what I want to become. We talked about our Personal Constitution. Who do I want to become? I thought a lot about the different people I've looked up to and who I want to become. I continue to think about my dad. With the things we talk about in class I can always see my dad in them. A few of the things we talked about in class were market realities, assets, and aspirations. Thinking about these three things I was able to self-reflect and personalize it more. What is the market reality of video production in today's industry? What assets, soft and hard, do I have or will have to offer? What aspirations do I have towards video production? What do I want to do with it? Internalizing things things help me to have a better vision of who I am now and what kind of developed individual I want to become. In class we were invited to write down, "I am..." and finish the sentence. Before finishing the sentence, Brother Nygren had us think about what kinds of things we have to offer in our own industries. What makes us unique? He quoted, "One million people overseas can do your job. What is so special about you?" What is so special about me? The more I thought about this, I believe I came up with an answer that I may be now, but fully hope to become and believe I have the ability to become. I am flexibly persistent. I read about that concept in the book, The Start-up of You and it made sense to me. I want to have a plan in all things, but I believe it is more important to follow the plan Heavenly Father has, which would make me be flexible. As I have an idea of what I want to do and become, I will continually or persistently follow the guidance of my Heavenly Father and allow His will to be realized. If there was anything I took out from this class and book this week, it was who I am or who I aspire to become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home